We would like to upgrade the firmware on our "CISCO IP Phone 7940 series" and in our "Cisco Unified CM Administration - System version: 184.108.40.20600-2" installation, how do we do this? Where can we download the latest firmware update to my phone, and where do we import this firmware and how do we deploy it to my phone through the Cisco Unified CM Administration?
- Navigate to Cisco.com> Support > Software Downloads > Voice and Unified Communications > IP Telephony > IP Phones > 7900 series > Cisco Unified IP Phone 7940G > Skinny Client Control Protocol (SCCP) Software > 8.1(2) > cmterm-7940-7960-sccp.8-1-2.cop.sgn
- Make sure you always use the cop.sgn version for CUCM 7.x
- Cisco Unified IP Phone 7940/7960 SCCP Firmware Load 8.1(2). This is done via OS Admin>Software Upgrades. Please click here to read more about Cisco Unified IP Phone 7940/7960 SCCP Firmware Load 8.1(2).
You can use the Software Upgrades options to perform the following types of installations and upgrades:
- Install/Upgrade-Use this option to upgrade the application software, install Cisco Unified Communications Manager Locale Installers and dial plans, and upload and install device packs, phone firmware loads, and other COP files.
- TFTP File Management-Use this option to upload various device files for use by the phones to the TFTP server. The TFTP server files that you can upload include custom phone rings, callback tones, and phone backgrounds.
Please click here for more details on how to do software upgrades when using Cisco Unified CallManager Release 5.0 or later.
Also please note that there is a default load for each phone model, configured in the Device/Device Settings/Device Defaults page in CCMAdmin.
Citation - This blog post does not reflect original content from the author. Rather it summarizes content that are relevant to the topic from different sources in the web. The sources might include any online discussion boards, forums, websites and others.