Search this Blog

Monday, July 19, 2010

DB REPLICATION ERROR in CUCM 7.1.3

We are having an issue with dbreplication on CUCM 7.1.3, Sytem is an upgrade from version 4.X to 7.1.3 and has 1 pub 3 sub server. We install 1 Pub and 2 sub so far and having dbreplication problem .We went through util dbreplication stop and util dbreplication reset all and still having the same problem. On both sub servers Replicate_state shows 4.

Publisher
admin:show perf query class "Number of Replicates Created and State of Replication"
==>query class :

- Perf class (Number of Replicates Created and State of Replication) has instances and values:
ReplicateCount -> Number of Replicates Created = 427
ReplicateCount -> Replicate_State = 2

Subscriber
admin:show perf query class "Number of Replicates Created and State of Replication"
==>query class :

- Perf class (Number of Replicates Created and State of Replication) has instances and va lues:
ReplicateCount -> Number of Replicates Created = 0
ReplicateCount -> Replicate_State = 4

Tips:

Before resetting replication, check a few fundamental things. Execute the following commands and look for inconsistencies between nodes and with your expectations.

1. On each cluster node, check the network:

show network cluster

2. On each cluster node, validate the network

utils diagnose module validate_network

3. On each cluster node validate ntp

utils ntp status

  • Since you did a migration ,have you changed the host name and/or IP address of the cluster servers on install? If so, have to ensure that the server objects defined in CUCM match the IP/hostname for the subscriber nodes? Use the following command on the publisher node:
  • run sql select name,node id from process node
  • Does the output look correct? Also can check the CCMAdmin web interface (System>Servers). Also, look at the IP addresses and names from the first three commands.
  • Fix any issues you find as a result of the above discovery. Once you have resolved the issues then you can use "utils dbreplication reset all" from the publisher node.
  • Delete the sub server which is not used for backup purpose from system-> server page, restart the server , run the util dbreplication reset all command and everything should start to work fine.

Citation - This blog post does not reflect original content from the author. Rather it summarizes content that are relevant to the topic from different sources in the web. The sources might include any online discussion boards, forums, websites and others.

No comments :

Post a Comment

 
/* Google Analytics begin ----------------------------------------------- */ /* Google Analytics end ----------------------------------------------- */